Share this recipe
- 4 Badia Mexican California Chili Pods
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Badia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon Badia Whole Oregano
- Badia Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Badia Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Place chili pods in a bowl, pour water over the top
- Let soak for 30-45 minutes or until they soften slightly
While your chili pods are soaking
- In a dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook onions over medium heat until they begin to caramelize, about 25 minutes.They will be slightly brown
- Once chili pods have softened, chop peppers, remove stems
- Place peppers and stewed tomatoes in a food processor
- Pulse until blended
- The sauce will be a bit chunky
- Add dried oregano and salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Place chicken thighs on top of caramelized onions in the Dutch oven
- Pour tomato/chili mixture over the top
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with corn and white rice.
For added kick, use some of the water that chilies were soaked in.