- 2-3 Badia New Mexico Chili Pods, cut, seeded and lightly toasted. Use Guajillo Chili for more heat
- 16 oz, Turkey Meat, cooked and diced. Optional: brown 1 lb. of Ground Turkey Meat in separate pan.
- 2 tsp Badia Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Badia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1/3 cup Badia Minced Garlic in Olive Oil
- 2 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cans (12 oz) Tomato Puree
- 3 tbsp Badia Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Badia Holy Smokes
- 1 can Kidney Beans, or 1 cup soaked and cooked Kidney Beans
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- For Garnish: Sour Cream, Diced Scallions, Cilantro, Cheddar Cheese, Avocado, Tortilla Chips
- Open deseed and remove stem from Badia New Mexico Chili Pods then cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a frying pan on medium low heat move the chili pod pieces around and flatten as they soften. This should take 3-4 minutes until they are fragrant, softer, and shiny. Remove from heat and add to a blender.
- Add 2 cups of Chicken Stock to blender and let this soak for 10 minutes. Make Chicken Stock by adding 2 tsp Badia Chicken Flavor Bouillon to 2 cups Water.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven on the stovetop at medium heat add 1 tbsp Badia Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add diced Onion, and cook until soft about 5 minutes, add Badia Minced Garlic in Olive Oil.
- Add Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Turkey Meat, Kidney Beans, and cook over medium low while you preparing the chili blend.
- Chili Blend: Puree the toasted chiles in the chicken bouillon with the blender until pieces are small. Add this to the pot and raise heat until it boils. Reduce to a simmer and add the Badia Chili Powder and Badia Holy Smokes. Simmer for 1-2 hours (the longer you simmer – the deeper the flavors).
- Mix the Chili Blend with the Turkey.
Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Add the diced Bell Pepper.
- Serve with Avocado slices, Tortilla Chips, and top with Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Scallions.