Share this recipe
For the cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Badia almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Badia salt
- Badia Sliced Almonds
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Badia Almond extract
- 3 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, In a bowl, with a mixer.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and Badia Almond extract.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and Badia Salt. Add the flour mixture 2 tablespoons at a time to the butter mixture until completely combined.
- (This is very important)
- Roll into 1-inch small balls and flatten slightly. They should look like a checker. Bake for 7 minutes at 400 degrees on parchment paper. Cool cookies until they
- Are just warm and place Badia sliced almonds on top of each cookie.
- Glaze Mixture
- Combine powdered sugar, Badia Almond extract, and water, Drizzle a spoonful of glaze on top of the almonds and cookies.